How to apply
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Make sure to put Internship Application as the subject line.
Join Our Team
We are a fast-growing imprint that currently has dozens of titles under its name. We are gaining momentum as one of the youngest, most outstanding imprints in the industry.
As a fast-growing imprint, we are constantly on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about the publishing industry and books to join our amazing family. We love self-driven people who are not afraid to take risks and are willing to work hard. We want to work with those who take ownership of every task given them. We want winners.
Our spring Internship round hires in March and runs from April through September; our fall round hires in September and runs from October through March.
Editorial interns assist with submissions of young adult and middle grade books, including helping to review initial submission materials and evaluating selected full manuscripts. Under the leadership of the managing editor, editorial interns will be trained in how to review submissions based on imprint wish lists and other requirements. Interns are also encouraged to ask questions and expand their knowledge of the publishing industry. All work is performed remotely.
- Graduated with or currently pursuing a major in Creative Writing or English
- Strong familiarity with young adult and/or middle grade fiction
- Experience reviewing submissions or working on a literary selection committee
- Quick and thorough reader
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated personality
- Access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Proficiency with Google Drive
In your cover letter, tell us about your favorite young adult or middle grade book and why you liked it.
Publicity interns will work on creating and supporting book publicity campaigns, scheduling book events, writing press releases, and communicating with authors on behalf of the company. The publicity intern will also be working on social media posts and projects.
- Experience in social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, etc.;
- Excellent and professional communications skills;
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to strict timelines;
- Must be able to turn any challenging scenarios into a positive ones;
- Great writing skills;
- Pursuing a career in communications and/or publicity;
- A great passion for books and a good understanding of the publishing industry.