How to apply
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Make sure to put Internship Application as the subject line.
Join Our Team
We are a fast-growing imprint that currently has dozens of titles under its name. We are gaining momentum as one of the youngest, most outstanding imprints in the industry.
As a fast-growing imprint, we are constantly on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about the publishing industry and books to join our amazing family. We love self-driven people who are not afraid to take risks and are willing to work hard. We want to work with those who take ownership of every task given them. We want winners.
Our spring Internship round hires in March and runs from April through September; our fall round hires in September and runs from October through March.
Editorial interns work on assignments which may include copy editing and proofreading manuscripts, working with authors on content and developmental editing, and writing book blurbs and tag lines. Editorial interns will be paired with a managing editor mentor who will provide helpful feedback, answer questions, and guide the interns toward their goals in publishing.
All work is performed remotely, allowing the interns to get comfortable on their couch or at the library.
- Experience in copyediting or editorial positions, or coursework equivalent;
- A good understanding of English grammar;
- Proficient in the English language, especially in written communication;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader;
- A good understanding of the publishing industry is preferred although not mandatory;
- English major or equivalent;
- Preferably has taken editing classes;
- Pursuing a career in publishing;
- Working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and English usage;
- Self-motivated personality;
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
Publicity interns will work on creating and supporting book publicity campaigns, scheduling book events, writing press releases, and communicating with authors on behalf of the company. The publicity intern will also be working on social media posts and projects.
- Experience in social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, etc.;
- Excellent and professional communications skills;
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to strict timelines;
- Must be able to turn any challenging scenarios into a positive ones;
- Great writing skills;
- Pursuing a career in communications and/or publicity;
- A great passion for books and a good understanding of the publishing industry.